Saturday 21 September 2013

Teatime Craft - Washi Tape Jars

I enjoy crafting, but being a mum of two little monkeys means I don't always have the time to bring my creativity to fruition.

Sometimes however, when they are enjoying their tea, I can sit with them at the dinner table and partake in a mini craft.

Recently whilst shopping in Sainsburys, I came across this beautiful set of deco tape.  It was about £2.99, which I think is a bit of a bargain, as it has so many uses.

 

I first came across the idea of using deco/washi tape to decorate things on the fantastic blog of Cherry Menlove. Since then I've fallen slightly in love with the stuff!

It's so versatile.  You can use it for crafting, decorating furniture or just sticking posters, notes or children's artwork to the wall.  It's low tack so is easily movable and won't ruin your surfaces.

On this occasion I decided to use the tape to decorate some jars I had lying around.  A couple of spice jars and a chutney jar!

It's so easy, I won't bore anyone with a detailed tutorial.  Basically make sure your jars are clean and dry, then line your tape up in the position you require and wrap it around the jar meeting the tape where you began.  Simples!!

Here are my finished jars.


I love them!!

The spice jars are perfect for putting small posies in on a narrow shelf I have and the chutney jar will look beautiful with a flickering candle in on an Autumnal evening.

Cheap, cheerful and quick.

You're welcome!

x


No comments:

Post a Comment