Monday 21 November 2016

Tesco Orchard - Love Food Hate Waste

I've been a member of the Tesco Orchard programme now since 2015.  

After registering and completing surveys about yourself, your household, eating habits and shopping preferences, Tesco will assess your answers and ask if you'd like to join certain review programmes.

If successfully accepted onto the programme, you are then sent vouchers to redeem against specific products either in store or online.

In return for the free or reduced items they require reviews of the products tried to be submitted, via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, blog posts etc.

The more reviews and higher score you achieve (each review is given a score) the more programmes you will be asked to take part in.

The latest one I was offered was the Love Food Hate Waste campaign.

I was sent two vouchers, one for Perfectly Imperfect Apples/Pears and one for Eat Fresh, Keep Fresh Chicken.

The apples I picked up in store and the chicken online.

With the apples I decided to make one of my favourite Slimming world desserts, Apple Betty, which is perfect for this time of year.  The recipe can be found on the Slimming World website and is really easy to make.

The apples were great value and ideal to put in this recipe, but also great to pop into the kids lunch bags or for a healthy after school snack.


With the chicken I chose to make another of my favourites, which I've blogged about before, Diet Coke Chicken.

Once cooked, the chicken breasts were lovely and juicy and tender. 

They were great value and I love how each chicken breast is individually packaged, so as to avoid waste and to allow for easier storage. No touching the raw chicken if wanting to pop in the freezer. Will definitely be purchasing again. 







Thank you Tesco for the opportunity to try these products.  I'll definitely be buying both again.

Any ways in which we can reduce the amount of food waste is a great idea.  Well done Tesco for trying new ideas.

Thanks for reading.  Until next time. 

Sarah xx


No comments:

Post a Comment