Thursday 4 September 2014

The week that was!

Apologies for how late this post is!!

Phew, things are finally getting back to some sort of normality and routine now that school is back in session.  Fingers crossed my posts will become a little more regular! 


Firstly let me tell you about this weeks weigh in. I maintained, which, once I fill you in on how busy we've been, you will understand I am delighted with. Therefore I am still 2lbs away from reaching 3 1/2 stone. I have it in my sights and I'll be hoping to get closer to it this week.

So here is what I got up to and ate during that rather hectic week.

Tim's brother Sam and fiancé Hannah were getting married on the 30th August in Oxford and I had offered to make the wedding cake as their gift. We decided on a three tier cake consisting of fruit, carrot and chocolate cake. You may remember my trial run of the carrot cake that I talked about in a previous post.


With the cake preparation in mind we planned to eat things that we were familiar with and were easy to prepare. 

Hot and Sour Soup - Recipe can be found in the May/June edition of the Slimming World magazine.
Warm Breakfast Salad - As above.

Thursday was the busiest day, on my feet most of the day baking, filling and icing cakes! So by tea time I was rather pooped and neither myself or Tim had the energy to prepare a meal. We decided to have a Chinese takeaway, as I find this the easiest one to chose something healthier.

I chose a King Prawn Foo Young (basically an omelette with prawns, onion and peas) and boiled rice, I also stole a tiny drizzle of Tim's Sweet and Sour sauce! It was delicious, but I don't feel I was too naughty, just need to allow a few syns for any oil it was cooked in.

Friday was the day we travelled down to Oxford. After packing the car securely so that the cakes were safe, we set off just after lunch, arriving about 3pm. We stayed in a lovely apartment about 10 minutes drive from the centre of Oxford, you can take a look here http://www.theoxfordapartments.co.uk/Apartments_first_second_floor.htm. It was a fantastic base for our weekend.


After unloading the car and dropping off the cake at the venue in the centre of Oxford, it was getting towards tea time. So, as we didn't know the area we did a quick google search and decided to head for the local Harvester. I had a grilled chicken breast with jacket potato and lots of salad from the salad bar. Perfect.

Saturday was the big day. We had a brunch before we got ready to leave, as we knew we wouldn't be eating until late afternoon. I passed on the croissants and pain au chocolates and just enjoyed the rest.


The wedding was fantastic, we all had a wonderful time. The food was delicious. The kiddywinks had fruit salad to start, followed by sausage and mash and ice cream.  We ate seared seabass, followed by duck with mini roast potatoes and vegetables, then chocolate brownie and ice cream (which I gave to Tim and George).

The kids finally started to flag about 9.30pm, so we headed back to our apartment.


On Sunday we decided to have a visit to Stamford, as we'd read there was an Antique and Collectables Fair taking place.  We'd not been to Stamford before and it was beautiful. 


We decided to have some lunch at a local coffee shop. Unfortunately it wasn't as nice as we'd hoped. Sadly there wasn't a lot on the menu for me to chose from, so I plumped for the gammon and egg, with a jacket potato instead of chips. When it arrived there were no vegetables or salad and the gammon and egg were swimming in oil!! I ate what I could, but it didn't taste very nice. Next time we visit we will do a little research to find somewhere nicer to eat.

After a little walk round we set off home to get ready for George's birthday.


On Monday we celebrated George's 3rd birthday. I decided not to make a big cake, so instead made him some lovely chocolate cupcakes, just as he requested. We popped out into Loughborough for a nice lunch at Tylers. I had a lovely seafood salad, but didn't eat the ciabatta, the kiddywinks ate this as a snack later.


I had a tiny bit cake when I returned from weigh in on Monday night, it was delicious.

So there we have it, a very hectic week.  Hopefully next week will be a little calmer!

Until next time.

Sarah xx




No comments:

Post a Comment