Thursday 14 August 2014

The week that was!

Again, apologies for my tardiness. Busy, busy!!

Last week I was delighted to achieve my 3 stone award, this weeks weigh in produced a maintain which I was more than happy with.

Once again we sat down and decided what we wanted to eat. A couple of favourites (Warm Breakfast Salad and Burger in a Bowl) and a couple of newbies. 

Prawn, Salmon and Pasta Salad with homemade Thousand Island Dressing


This recipe was in the Aug/Sept 2014 Slimming World Magazine and with the dressing is 1 1/2 syns per portion.

It's perfect if you are short on time, as it only takes 25 minutes to prepare. A lovely light, fresh salad which is great for this time of year, that is accompanied by the low syn version of the classic American dressing.

Yet another new favourite!

Tray baked Piri Piri chicken with wedges


This recipe came from the March/April 2014 Slimming World Magazine and is syn free on Extra Easy.

Now I know this will amaze some, but I've never had anything flavoured with Piri Piri before, so I had no idea what to expect. Now I know...spicy hot!!

I enjoyed this, but I'm not sure it will make it to the favourite list. It gave Tim a sweaty forehead which signifies it's spicy!! Full of flavour, but I don't think I'm that keen on the Piri Piri taste.

However if it is your thing, it's a very easy recipe and is ready in about 50 minutes. The chicken, onions, peppers and tomatoes are roasted together on one tray and the wedges on another. 

So there we go, another week gone by.

No weigh in next week as I am on holiday in Wales. I'll still be sticking to the plan, so fingers crossed the scales will be kind when I get back.

Until next time.

Sarah xx


No comments:

Post a Comment