Thursday 3 July 2014

Carrot Cake - Part Two

So the cake came out of the oven and smelt lovely.

While it was cooling I decided to concoct the ginger buttercream.

200g unsalted butter
400g sifted icing sugar
2tbsp milk
1 3/4tsp ground ginger

Beat everything together until nice and fluffy. This has a very subtle taste of ginger, if you like it stronger more can be added. 

Once the cake had cooled I sliced and filled with most of the buttercream. I then crumb coated the outside of the cake with the remaining buttercream and popped it in the fridge for about half an hour.


I then rolled out the sugarpaste and covered the cake smoothing and lifting the icing down the sides.  Once covered I trimmed any excess sugarpaste away.

And that's it. I added a little bit of ribbon, as the cake looked a little naked, but as it's only a tester cake, I wasn't going to spend ages on any decorations.


Tim couldn't wait to try a piece, so I was happy to oblige.


The rest went to my local Toddler group and some other willing volunteers.

The verdict was that it tasted lovely. So I think it might just make the cut.

Until next time.

Sarah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment