Wednesday 30 July 2014

The week that was!

Sorry I'm a little later with this post than normal. Kiddywinks are on their summer holidays and we are busy, busy!

Anyway, if you can remember last week I only needed to lose 1/2lb to achieve my 3 stone award. Unfortunately this didn't happen and I was rather grumpy. I actually put on 1/2lb!! So no purple certificate for me this week. 

After being really good and not having many syns at all, I've come to the conclusion that maybe I've not been eating enough and will try this next week to eat much more super free food (fruits and vegetables) and enjoy a few more syns.

However there was some good news, I achieved Slimmer of The Month for July after losing a total of 5lbs. This I was really pleased with. Look at the sparkly sticker!!


We did eat some delicious meals last week and I thought I would share these with you.

Warm Breakfast Salad


We ate this for dinner, but it would be perfect for any meal of the day. And it's completely free on Extra Easy.

There are two recipes for this, one in the Extra Easy Cookbook, the other in the May/June edition of the Slimming World magazine, both have slight variations. I used the recipe from the magazine.

The combination of bacon and eggs is always a winner. Add that to new potatoes, radishes and lots of salad and it makes a delicious alternative to the traditional all day breakfast.

This will definitely become a favourite.

Hot and Sour Soup with Noodles


This was again from the May/June edition of the Slimming World magazine.  It only took about 30 minutes to make and was absolutely delicious and very filling.

It is jammed packed full of delicious flavours to tantalise your taste buds, including ginger, lemongrass and chillies. And it's only 1/2 syn per portion.

I made the whole amount to serve 4 and had it again for lunch the next day. It was so tasty.

As well as these newbies, we enjoyed some old favourites BBQ Chicken and Salmon Kedgeree.

I'm feeling positive for the week ahead and we have already planned our meals, so fingers crossed for the right result.

Until next time.

Sarah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment