Wednesday 23 July 2014

Who doesn't love a trip to Ikea??

As it was almost time for the kiddywinks to break up for the summer holidays, I thought myself and George would take a trip to Ikea before it got ridiculously busy.


I had a small list of things that I wanted to get, but as we all know there are a multitude of things that always find themselves falling into your trolley, of which I shall tell you about later.

Whilst there we enjoyed lunch, which is always delicious and such good value.

George had a childrens lunch box, which included a sandwich, packet of Goodies biscuits, raisins, apple and yoghurt. As you can see he was very pleased with it!


I enjoyed Gravlax with salad leaves and a lovely dill and mustard sauce (at least I think that's what it was). I also added a salad bowl of vegetables, mixed beans and hard boiled eggs. All very healthy and I'm sure the sauce can't have been that bad!


So here is what I bought!!


Now I won't bore you with the details of everything, just a few things that I got a little excited about (sad I know)!

Firstly the Virserum Frame. 

A while back we purchased a number of vintage school information posters and I've been looking for the right frame for them to go in. This one was perfect. I needed to crop the edges of the poster slightly, but I hope you'll agree it looks fab. Now I just need to buy some more frames (any excuse for another trip to Ikea) and to figure out where to put them!


Next up is the Hemsta Lampshade in pink. 

After getting some house inspiration from Instagram, I wanted to freshen up some of our rooms. So I decided the black lampshade in the Sitting Room had to go.  I actually wanted a grey shade, but when I saw the pink I was swayed and into the trolley it went. 

And here it is. I love the ruffled material and the soft pinky glow it lets off.  I stole the lamp base from George's room as I'm making him a new lamp, which I'll tell you about further in the post.


What fell into my trolley next were the Vaggis noticeboards.  These were not a planned purchase!

As I wandered around the rooms settings, I came across a lovely pinboard, perfect I thought for my kitchen. It said all I needed was a noticeboard and a Majlis Tea Towel (which also fell into the trolley)! I shall let you know how I get on with this craft at a later date.


Next was a small Lampan Table Lamp. It may look a little boring at the moment, but I have a plan for it. Only a couple of days ago I saw this craft http://www.hearthandmade.co.uk/2014/07/lampshade.html while reading a blog I follow. It's going to be for George's room and I plan to use his farm fabric.  I'll do a little post to let you know how I get on.


At the bottom of the picture you can just make out a pole. It is in fact an Ore Shower Curtain Rod! But I won't be using it in the shower. I'm planning on using it in the kitchen window to hold a little curtain. We don't have any blinds or curtains in the kitchen and at certain times of the day the sun shines really brightly and it is difficult to use the main work surface. So I'm going to try and make something pretty. I'll keep you posted on whether it's a success, or not!

So there we go, a few projects planned. Not sure how quick they will get completed once the kiddywinks are on holiday, but we shall see.

And not one candle fell into my trolley as I strolled through the enormous Swedish emporium. I must try harder!!

Of course if you want anymore information on all things Ikea, or just want to browse it's lovelyness you can check out their website here http://www.ikea.com/.

Until next time.

Sarah xx





No comments:

Post a Comment