Thursday 31 July 2014

Quick Craft - Bored Jar

Anyone that has or looks after children will know that on occasions we hear the dreaded words "I'm bored"!  Aargh!!

The school summer holidays are only a week old and I have to admit I've heard them said already.  So I decided I would put together a Bored Jar. 

I recently came across this idea when reading a blog post by Mum in the Madhouse, which you can read here http://www.muminthemadhouse.com/2014/07/17/ultimate-summer-activities-lists-bored-jar-lists/.

So I purchased some lolly sticks, found a marker pen and a pretty container to keep them in (yes I know it's not exactly a jar, but hey!).  Then sat down with Scarlett and George and we came up with some ideas.


We needed a few more activites, so the list from Mum in the Madhouse was really useful and in the end we have about 50 sticks to choose from.  A mixture of fun and games, some at home, some out and about. 


These will be kept in the kitchen ready for any "bored" moments. Hopefully we won't have too many, but if we do, we are fully prepared.


Until next time.

Sarah xx




No comments:

Post a Comment