Tuesday 22 July 2014

The week that was!

So as you are probably now aware Monday night is weigh in at Slimming World. This week I was really pleased to lose 2 1/2lbs and received Slimmer of the Week, now only needing 1/2lb to reach 3 stone lost.

Once again I thought I would share with you a few of the meals we ate to help me get that loss.

Some favourites crept in again this week, BBQ Chicken and Diet Coke Chicken, but we also tried a couple of new recipes.

Salmon Nicoise Salad


This is from the Extra Easy Cookbook and is syn free on Extra Easy.

I was feeling a little under the weather last week, so Tim prepared me this lovely salad. 

It took about 30 minutes to make and was really fresh and tasty. Just what I needed.

King Prawn Dopiaza


Did you know that Dopiaza means 'two onions'? No, me neither!!

This is from the Fakeaways book and is syn free on Extra Easy.

I love curry, so i was really looking forward to this and I wasn't disappointed.

It was really easy to make and only took about 40 minutes to prepare. I made enough sauce to feed 4 and was supposed to split it before I added the prawns, so that I could freeze it for another meal, but forgot. So the picture does show it to be quite saucy!

I served it with a portion of Basmati rice.

It was absolutely delicious and this may now make my favourites list!

Warm Potato and Ham Salad


Now this recipe I made up myself from things I had left in the fridge and from the storecupboard, simply as I was running low on stuff for lunch, especially salad vegetables!

I cooked some new potatoes and cut them into quarters. While they were still warm, I stirred in a 35g tub of Philadelphia Light (half of my Healthy Extra A), which turned into a lovely creamy sauce. I then added some chunks of ham and some chives.

I served it with a mixed bean salad in fat free dressing.

I have to say it was absolutely delicious and I will definitely make it again, but next time have some salad leaves with it.

So that was last week. We have some really nice meals planned this week and I look forward to telling you all about them soon.

Until next time.

Sarah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment