Friday 25 July 2014

Quick Ikea Pinboard Craft

Recently I had a visit to Ikea and as I was meandering around the room sets I noticed a lovely fabric pinboard. 

It basically said that you needed the Vaggis noticeboard and Majlis Tea Towels. So they both found their way into my trolley.

Add a staple gun and some pretty ribbon (not shown in picture as I decided to use this at the end) and we are ready to go. (Apologies for the poor lighting in the photos, this was a late night project!).


After giving the tea towel a quick iron, lay it face down on a table and place the noticeboard face down on top.


Next pull one of the edges of the fabric tightly over the back of the board, making sure the pattern is straight on the front (mine is slightly wonky, oops). Staple in place.

Continue with the other edges, folding neatly at the corners and making sure the fabric is pulled nice and tight. Secure well with plenty of staples.


I then decided to add some ribbon to hang it up with, securing it tightly to the back of the frame with plenty of staples.


And there we have it. All done. Nice and simple.



All I need now is a sturdy hook to hang it up in my kitchen. A lovely little job for Tim!

Until next time.

Sarah xx




No comments:

Post a Comment