Friday 4 July 2014

Change is good!

Back in January I made the decision that it was time to make a change. 

Since having the kiddywinks I've never really taken the time to look after myself properly. I'd use the excuse that I was too busy looking after the children, Tim, home, etc...

But I began to realise that my weight had crept up far too high, I was feeling very lethargic and starting to look and feel old!

It was seeing photographs of myself at Christmas that really brought home how I felt I'd "let myself go"!  I didn't want to look back in years to come at pictures with the family and always think how dreadful I looked. I wanted to be happy and healthy for my children, but primarily for me!

The added thought that I'm getting married in September 2015 was another thing to spur me on.

Something had to be done.

So on the 20th January 2014 I took the plunge and joined Slimming World. 

I attended my local group in Kegworth which had a session at 7.30pm on a Monday night. Perfect!

I was greeted by a lovely lady called Trudi who introduced herself as the group consultant.  She sat me down and talked me through the Slimming World healthy eating plan. There was a lot to take in, but I knew that once I'd got my head around it, I would be just fine. 

Fast forward 5 months and I was right. I am now 2 1/2 stone lighter. I'm not even half way towards the amount I need to lose, but I'm so happy with what I've achieved so far. I've gone down two clothes sizes, I have more energy and I feel good.



My family have been a huge support. They have been fully behind me on my journey (Yes I know that sounds naff, like I'm on X-Factor)! Tim has really enjoyed eating the meals I've prepared and even gives me a little pep talk about positive thinking before I go for my weigh in on a Monday.

Scarlett keeps telling me how proud she is of her mummy and asks every Tuesday morning if I've got a certificate this week! I love it when I can say "Yes"!

George just says "Mummy beautiful". I think he's rather biased!

The group I attend is full of lovely members. They all have words of wisdom and provide great inspiration. The consultant Trudi is amazing and always full of support whether it's a good or indifferent week.

I've also had some lovely comments from my friends (which I do get quite embarrassed about, as I'm not great at accepting compliments, but I really do appreciate every single one). Sometimes you are not always sure if there is any noticeable change, except for the numbers on the scales. But when people have mentioned how well I look, it really is a massive confidence boost and keeps me motivated to keep going and get to my goal.

As Tim says "Positive thoughts"!

Until next time.

Sarah xx






No comments:

Post a Comment