Wednesday 16 July 2014

My love of Annie Sloan Paint

Hello, my name is Sarah and I'm addicted to Annie Sloan paint!!

I first read about this paint last year and couldn't wait to try it out and see if all the hype was true. It was and that's where my addiction began.

So what is this paint I here you cry!!



Well Annie Sloan developed her now famous decorative paint, Chalk Paint™, in 1990. It would have many uses from acting like limewash to looking like old painted furniture. She called it Chalk Paint™ because of its beautiful velvety, matt finish.

It is very easy to work with and very rarely requires any preparation, such as sanding or priming.  It can be used indoors or outside on just about any surface from wood to metal, and matt plastic to terracotta. It’s easy and fun to use. Even the most novice of users can have amazing results.

One tin of paint goes a long way, so you can get many projects done. 

Depending on how thickly or thinly you apply the paint, it can be touch dry in as little as 30 minutes.

Chalk Paint™ is eco-friendly too. It contains extremely low volatile organic compounds (‘VOCs’) and has no odour, which makes it great to use inside on quick projects.

I then seal mine with the Annie Sloan Soft Clear Wax.

So here are a few of my little projects. Most are eBay or auction buys and cost no more than £10!

This one is my favourite. Exactly what I wanted to store my ever increasing collection of fabric.



You can find more information on Annie Sloan products and stockists here http://www.anniesloan.co.uk/.

I'd love to see any of your upcycling projects.

Until next time.

Sarah xx


No comments:

Post a Comment